It’s hard to believe, but a very small percentage of gamblers are actually able to make a decent living playing in casinos full-time. With the proliferation of online gambling, more and more people are able to pursue this “employment opportunity,” as you no longer need to live in Vegas to make this dream job a reality. Regardless of whether you are doing at as a full-time gig or not, it really is possible to make money gambling online. Like anything, knowledge is key and quite a bit of practice is required. Most likely, you won’t be able to make a living doing it, but here are some tips to help fatten your wallet.
1. If you intend to come out ahead gambling online, make sure you choose the right games. Blackjack or video poker are good ones, as the payout ratio ranges from 98 percent to 100 percent. This means that you have the best chance of winning, or at least breaking even.
2. Once you choose a game, get good at playing. Like anything, the more you practice, the better you will be. If you don’t practice, you will loose to people who do. Many sites online will allow you to play with fake money. Although the player levels at these sites will be lower than at pay sites, this will allow you to hone your skills before you risk losing your bank account. Bear in mind that you may need to alter your strategies when moving from free to pay sites.
3. Don’t quit your day job right away. Learning the ropes of gambling takes time and you will be competing with players who have been doing it much longer than you have. Take your time and build your strategy and skills over time. You need to be prepared to loose a little money before you begin winning on a regular basis.
4. Always read online gambling review sites to stay updated with all of the best new sites and up to date deals. This is a great resource and an easy way to keep up with which sites will offer you the best odds of winning. As these sites are updated often, they are also a good resource for finding out which sites to avoid.
5. Be sure that you play on a site that doesn’t frequently time you out or drop your Internet connection. It is almost impossible to make money in an online casino with an unstable connection. If you find yourself timed out repeatedly, move to a different site.
6. Download your earnings frequently when gambling online. This is a good way to protect your self against “rogue” or fraudulent online casinos. Some less-reputable sites will procrastinate paying your winnings in the hope that you will gamble them away before receiving them. If a site procrastinates in any way or won’t download your winnings, find out why immediately. If you are not satisfied with the response, contact the online gambling commission with which they are affiliated.
7. Look for gambling sites that are fun and only play the games you enjoy. Gambling is supposed to be pleasurable and if you take the fun away, you might as well get a steady-paying day job without the risks associated with gambling.